LATEST MARKET NEWS
- : President Biden removes key figure at National Labor Relations Board — union leaders rejoicedon January 23, 2021 at 1:22 am
It also could mean new prospects for college athletes, ride-share drivers, graduate students and others seeking organized labor protections.
- The Margin: Climate activist Greta Thunberg chides Sen. Ted Cruz’s preference for a ‘Pittsburgh Accord’on January 23, 2021 at 1:20 am
Teenage global climate-change activist Greta Thunberg, who can boast over 4.6 million followers on Twitter and her own postage stamp, welcomed U.S. President Joe Biden’s return to the Paris Accord this week, and she didn’t let a chance to rib Sen. Ted Cruz, who called resumption of U.S. membership anti-American, slip by.
- TaxWatch: 8 million people could have missed their $1,200 stimulus checks — here’s how Biden wants to fix thaton January 23, 2021 at 1:20 am
‘They’re entitled to those payments but there’s not an easy way for those folks to access them,’ Biden said Friday.
- The Moneyist: ‘This is sheer economic waste. We distributed our $1,200 stimulus to our church:’ Why did we get these checks instead of poor Americans?on January 23, 2021 at 1:14 am
‘We do not light our fireplace with $100 bills, but we are comfortable.’
- The Moneyist: We were friendly with our neighbors for decades, until recently. One day, they introduced us to their financial adviser…on January 23, 2021 at 1:14 am
‘We dug trenches, poured concrete foundations, and worked to build our house; they hired contractors. They traded in cars frequently; we ran ours into the ground.’
- Key Words: McConnell tea-leaf reading continues as Trump’s second impeachment is slotted into Senate calendaron January 23, 2021 at 1:06 am
Former Rep. Charlie Dent estimates that 150 House Republicans supported the article of impeachment charging Trump with inciting insurrection, though only 10 voted that way.
- : NBCUniversal to shut down sports channel NBCSN by the end of the yearon January 22, 2021 at 11:41 pm
A portion of its sports programming like the NHL, Nascar and English Premier League will move to USA Network and the company’s streaming platform Peacock.
- Earnings Outlook: AT&T earnings to kick off a defining year for telecom gianton January 22, 2021 at 11:26 pm
AT&T Inc. is at the beginning of a pivotal year as it tries to navigate the pandemic and beyond.